Research And Policy
Good research is needed in Cambodia. The country cannot plan for major reform, build its economy, or reduce poverty without proper analysis of its ongoing challenges.
Director of leading development institute.
We are firm believers in the importance of rigorous research to guide all organisations which are working to deliver progress in developing countries. Research underpins all of our own programs, and we regularly use it to monitor the quality of our services and ensure they stay on track to meet their objectives. We have gathered extensive expertise in research, and provide this as a service to other organisations which can benefit from this.
To stay at the cutting edge of development we also stay on top of other studies, key national and regional statistics and policy developments relevant to our work, and facilitate the sharing of this information with our staff. We are transparent and want all to benefit from good research, which is why we publish all research on This Life’s website, social media, and other platforms.
What is the aim of the program?
To conduct rigorous, high quality and ethical research to inform the development of evidence-based policy and programs, supporting learning, change and innovation within and beyond our own organisation.
What activities do we run?
- We build capacity in research design and data collection methods, report writing and data analysis.
- We develop ILE’s value as a social enterprise offering consultancy services in research, Monitoring and Evaluation, capacity building, and collaborative partnership projects.
- We conduct quality research for This Life, its partners and donors, ensuring that research is executed to high standards and subsequent findings proposed are evidence-based.
- We lead and progress This Life’s research agenda focused on but not limited to justice sector reform, access to education, care sector reform, the impact of collective grantmaking, and violence against women and children.
- We ensure the ethical conduct of all research delivered by This Life in collaboration with the Senior Management Team and in line with This Life’s Research Ethics Policy.
- We stay abreast of research, key national and regional statistics and policy developments relevant to This Life program areas, and facilitate the sharing of this information within This Life.
- We publish all research on This Life’s website, social media, and other creative digital platforms.
What are the program outcomes?
- Improved research capacity within the ILE section and This Life more broadly.
- Enhanced understanding on key areas within the This Life research agenda and relevant to This Life’s programs.
- Increased understanding by This Life of current and emerging development issues and trends relevant to the organisation’s work.
- Improved programming within This Life as a result of increased availability of new evidence.
Outcomes for all of This Life’s programs can be found in our Annual Report.