CAPACITY & PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
The key responsibility is to make central the voices of individuals too often relegated to the margins, telling untold stories, and empowering the public with the correct perspectives.
Leading international development NGO, and This Life funder.
What is the aim of the program?
To provide organisational development and capacity building support to organisations working in the development sector to maximise the impact and sustainability of interventions.
What activities do we run?
- We conduct needs assessments for organisations working in the development sector and develop tailored responses to meet the individual needs of organisations.
- We develop and deliver a package of activities for individual development organisations, consortiums, collective grantmaking and other group mechanisms to support organisational development, capacity building on Monitoring and Evaluation measurement systems, social media engagement, metrics and other areas in which This Life has strong expertise.
- We utilise a range of approaches to deliver capacity building such as mentorship, direct support through site visits, facilitating networks, online support such as Facebook and online sharing platforms (e.g. Google Site) and formal face to face trainings.
- We drive collaboration and linkages through delivery of networking events which gather development organisations working on the same or similar issues and more structured events that facilitate sharing best practice and challenges encountered.
- We facilitate communication for and between multiple organisations through a combination of electronic communication, face-to-face meetings, Communities of Practice (CoP), Communities of Stakeholders (CoS), and site visits establishing and maintaining a continuous feedback loop among relevant partners.
- We disseminate learning and results from collaborative projects, events and online activity in relevant forums and mechanisms for varied stakeholders and mixed stakeholder groups in simple, accessible and user friendly formats.
What are the program outcomes?
- Organisations working in the development sector are better equipped to meet the needs of their stakeholders.
- Expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation, communications and other areas of
This Life expertise are enhanced among domestic civil society organisations working in development in Cambodia.
- Strong networks and partnerships are fostered between development practitioners to drive evidence-based practice, learning, and innovation, while increasing the collective impact that leads to broader positive change.
- Increased partner-driven learning and innovation that facilitates knowledge sharing, learning about the services provided to children and families, and develops practice and drives change.
- Identify new funding opportunities to support the growth of the Capacity and Partnership Development program domestically and internationally.
Outcomes for all of This Life’s programs can be found in our Annual Report.